Sunday, November 9, 2008

Editing a Wikipedia Article

I decided to check out the information on Wikipedia regarding my hometown of Bellevue, PA. After browsing the information listed there I realized that one section was lacking. There is a section dedicated to Notable Residents of Bellevue. Now I know that Bellevue is not exactly celebrity city but because I've lived in this borough my entire life I knew that there had been more Notable Residents than four. I actually believe that I could add a lot to the list, but chose to add one individual who is a positive force in the communities. This man visits many schools in the Pittsburgh area and lends his meteorologist expertise and great personality to making learning about weather fun! I am referring to none other than KDKA's Weather Man, Dennis Bowman. Check out Bellevue's Page on Wikipedia and pay special attention to the last entry under Notable Residents.

Special Thanks to Laura Ann for finding the great Wikipedia Editing How-To!

1 comment:

Laura Ann said...

Peter, I love the idea you came up with for editing the wiki. I found the information you posted to be very insightful! I never knew Dennis Bowman was from your hometown. This could be a great activity for kids to do about the town where their school is. Each student could add information about each of the residents. Or....you could do it as a school project. Have your kids interview teachers in your building. You create a wiki with ONLY teacher names. The students have to log on and add information they found out about teachers through their interviews. Wow, thanks for the great idea. I'm going to try this. Also....thanks for the shout out for the wiki article I found.