Monday, November 24, 2008

"My Pyramid" Audio and Video Podcasts

As part of our 3rd grade Health Curriculum we utilize the MyPyramid.gov website and resources. I began subscribing to the video podcasts offered by the site. Initially I thought the podcasts might be beneficial for my students, but after viewing a few episodes I realized that they were designed for adult/teacher audiences. One episode in particular that I enjoyed was related to easy ways to get more active. The host interviewed a variety of people and one tip in particular that I liked was to park farther away from the entrance to stores. This simple step helps burn more calories and can add in a few extra minutes of exercise. I will continue to subscribe to these podcast episodes. I am considering the having my students create video podcasts to jigsaw teach the content from one of our health units.

No comments: